Recently Facebook has announced new tools for Indian Users which will give a Facebook User more control over your profile pic. These tools will provide Facebook users more control over who can download, share their profile pictures. Also if a user applies this tool then only According to Facebook, they have developed these tools in partnership with Indian safety organizations like Centre for Social Research, Learning Links Foundation, Breakthrough and Youth Ki Awaaz. These new tools are designed to give people more control over their experience and help keep them safe online.
Here is step by step how you have to Add Protect To Facebook Profile Picture.
- Open Facebook App and Go to Homepage.
- Click on your Profile Pic. From menu appeared from clicking, Scroll to the end and click on the new option “Turn on profile picture guard”.
- Click Save to Add Guard/Protection to your Facebook Profile Picture.
This will add a shield type icon to the bottom border frame of your Facebook Profile Picture.
- After Few minutes or after refreshing your Facebook App, you will notice another option just above your posts “Add Design to Profile Picture”.
- By clicking on the given option you can choose to Add Design design to Your Profile Picture. Go ahead and Do that and check what will happen. After adding design you will notice a design pattern over your Facebook Profile Picture.
Following are benefits of using these tools for Your Facebook Profile Picture.
1. Other people will no longer be able to download, share or send your Facebook Profile Picture in a message on Facebook.
2.People you’re not friends with on Facebook won’t be able to tag anyone, including themselves, in your Facebook Profile Picture.
3. Where possible, Facebook will prevent others from taking a screenshot of your Profile Picture on Facebook, which is currently available only on Android devices.
4.Facebook will display a blue border and shield around your Facebook Profile Picture as a visual cue of protection.